Friday 8 August 2008

What am I ?

I've got a blog ! Why ? Because I there are thoughts, musing and ideas I have that I can't cajore or force other people to listen to.

So I've just done the new user thing and edited by profile. All the usual stuff (gender, age, color of pants, etc) and, of course, "Occupation". Now I write computer software for a living. This used to be called Computer Programmer, plain and simple. But these days it's called Software Engineer, Application Developer or even [langauge of your choice] Guru by agencies or employers trying to appear more hip and down with da kidz than they really are. I liked Computer Programmer - it was descriptive, simple and dignified. I don't really consider myself an engineer and I think developer sounds a bit like a building company.

So what did I choose ? Elite Coder . I think that does it nicely.

No comments: