Tuesday 28 July 2009

Juiced Louse About This House

Juiced2 on the xbox360, another one of those racing games where you get to put stickers, extra plastic and funny lights on your car. It was a Christmas present from a friend, and sadly I've not played it for a while , other games getting in the way.

But last night I got the racing itch, so having applied so powder and fired up the xbox I started again. It's usual racing game fare, start with some low-end car that you've just taken the L plates off and work your way up. But surprise surprise the second level cars include.... MR2 GTS. Red, and looking just like the one in my driveway, albeit with better paint and less polygons.

Its a strange feeling, driving something on screen like a maniac that I drive steadily and carefully to work everyday. I'm pretty sure the real MR2 doesn't slide that easily but I'm not prepared to find out. I'm also pretty sure the K&N induction system isn't £350, its closer to £75. Maybe the virtual mechanics charge an extra £250?

It all makes me think - how do you afford buy and kit out a sports car when you're under 25 (probably under 21) and not old enough to grow a beard? Wheres the juiced3 where all the men are fat balding and driving mid life crises cars and all the "babes" have 3 kids in tow?

Ah, the unforanate colision of games and reality. Lets hope it never gets here !

No comments: